Terms and conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The terms below govern your use of this website and by accessing this website you agree to be bound by them. If you do not accept these terms, please do not use the website.
We may change these terms at any time without notice by updating the terms shown on this website. It is your responsibility to review the website terms each time you enter the website to ensure you are aware of our latest terms and conditions. Your use of this website after a change has been made signifies your acceptance of the revised terms.
This website is made available free of charge and for personal use only and is not to be used for any commercial purpose.
You may not copy, reproduce or use any material, including third parties material, names and logos, on this website without our express permission. All copyright and intellectual property is reserved.
On occasions BMW Group will incentivise its Retailers with programmes designed to improve their performance.
INFORMATION IN THIS WEBSITE.
Whilst we have made every effort to ensure the information on this website is up to date and accurate you must not rely on any information on this website and we do not accept liability if you do. Always check with us for precise information on vehicle model features, specifications and equipment, and in the case of used vehicles, current mileage details before ordering a vehicle.
Words, images and other content on this website are produced without them making any representation or implying any warranty as to suitability of the product or service, satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose. If you have any doubt as to the suitability of a product or service for your proposed purpose please ask us.
Always check the terms on which any product or service is supplied before making any commitment. Copies of vehicle finance agreements and detailed insurance policies and summaries of cover and other product or service terms are available on request.
We can introduce you to a limited number of lenders who may be able to offer you finance facilities for your purchase. We will only introduce you to these lenders. We may receive a commission payment from the finance provider if you decide to enter into an agreement with them. You may be able to obtain finance for your purchase from other lenders and you are encouraged to seek alternative quotations.
You should seek your own independent financial advice in relation to any taxation or accounting matters referred to on this website.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES.
The provision of details of products and services on this website are not, and should not be construed as, an offer to sell or supply such products or services.
All products and services on this website are subject to availability and may be withdrawn without notice. All products and services and all prices are also subject to change without notice.
All finance and hiring facilities are subject to status and available to companies and persons aged 18 or over in the UK only (excluding the Channel Islands and Isle of Man). Guarantees and indemnities may be required.
All insurance products outlined on this website are administered, underwritten and serviced by carefully selected insurance providers. For all insurance products, certain exclusions and eligibility criteria apply. A full summary of cover and detailed policy terms for each insurance product is available upon request.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR INDIVIDUAL PRODUCTS AND SERVICES.
These website terms should be read in conjunction with the separate terms and conditions for the sale or supply of the individual products or services which are referred to on this website. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and the specific product or service terms and conditions, the latter shall prevail.
ACCESS FROM OUTSIDE THE UK.
The vehicle and product specifications on this website are, unless stated otherwise, for the UK market only. These specifications (including what is optional and what is standard equipment) may vary in other markets. However some vehicle images may be of models supplied in other markets, for example showing left-hand drive, and not reflecting specifications in the UK.
Unless otherwise stated, the finance, leasing and insurance products and services on this website are available only to residents of the UK (excludes the Channel Islands and Isle of Man).
The information and other materials contained in this website may not satisfy the laws in countries outside the UK. If you choose to access this website from outside the UK you are responsible for ascertaining to what extent local laws are applicable and compliance with local laws. Any telephone numbers and charges shown only apply to calls made from within the UK.
This policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
Sandal Group take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
We try to keep this website secure. However, we ask you to recognise when providing your information to us through our website or when you send us or ask us to send you any of your confidential information by email, that the internet and email communications over the internet may not be secure. We cannot be responsible for any loss or unauthorised interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
While using our website, software applications or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, email, account details, etc.). We will use this information to administer our website, applications, client databases and marketing material. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as adopted into law of the United Kingdom in the Data Protection Act 2018. Further, by providing telephone, fax and email details, you consent to Sandal Group contacting you using that method.
If you are under 16 please do not provide us with any personal information unless you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so.
You are responsible for informing us of any change in your details, such as a change of address. You have a right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you.
We may share your information for any of these purposes including but not limited to BMW group companies, financial service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf, such as data management firms, external agencies who provide marketing services on our behalf, payment card providers, insurance and finance companies. We may also pass your information to third parties if we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes. We will not pass your personal data on for marketing purposes if you have expressed your wish to opt out of marketing.
How do we collect information?
Sandal Group collects information in number of ways including:
- When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”) When you sign up for our site, purchase our products or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing registration forms. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
- When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”) Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:- Prophecy Unlimited our website providers for sandalbmw.co.uk, sandalmini.co.uk, sandalhuddersfieldbmw.co.uk sandalwakefieldbmw.co.uk, sandalhuddersfieldmini.co.uk, sandalwakefieldmini.co.uk. AutoTrader Limited, website providers for our used car listings and BMW UK Group and its associated companies, including but not limited to BMW UK Ltd, BMW Financial Services (GB) Ltd, Rolls-Royce Motors Cars Ltd, BMW, Motorrad UK, Alphabet (GB) Ltd, MINI Financial Services.
How long do we keep your data for?
Sandal Group will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the Services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a vital interest.
(e) We need it to perform a public task.
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
Sandal Group will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of filling out the site registration form, to anyone. If we acquire or merge with other businesses, then we might use your personal data for the acquired or merged business in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information, and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to Sandal Group by contacting our customer services team on 01484 515515. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address, your address, your telephone numbers and vehicle details if applicable.
- You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by Sandal Group regarding your profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted.
- You are also free to close your account through our customer services team on 01484 515515. If you do so, your account will be deactivated. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam)
- You can always feel free to update us on your details at any point through our customer services team on 01484 515515.
- You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email we may send you. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any emails from us. This will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
- You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org We will not charge you unless your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive. Any charge will be a reasonable fee based on the administrative cost of providing the information. Information will be provided without delay and at the latest within one month of receipt.
- Please note, we are constantly reviewing how we process and protect data. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. We will endeavour to publicise any change
How we store your personal information
We retain and destroy personal data in accordance with Sandal Personal Data Retention and Destruction Policy. A copy of this policy is available upon request.
Please note: Telephone calls may be recorded to ensure quality of service.
Registered Name: Sandal Motors (Bayern) Limited
Company Registered Number: 01381018
Place of Registration: England
Registered Office Address: Dewsbury Road, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF2 9BE.
VAT Number: 518 29 0151
Email Address: email@example.com
Sandal Motors (Bayern) Limited is an appointed representative of Itc Compliance Limited for consumer credit broking and for general insurance mediation. Our Firm Reference Number (FRN) is 413287. Itc Compliance Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, and their FRN is 313486.
Sandal Motors (Bayern) Limited is an appointed representative of ITC Compliance Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (their registration number is 313486). Permitted activities include advising on and arranging general insurance contracts and acting as a credit broker not a lender. We can introduce you to a limited number of finance providers. We do not charge fees for our Consumer Credit services. We may receive a payment(s) or other benefits from finance providers should you decide to enter into an agreement with them, typically either a fixed fee or a fixed percentage of the amount you borrow. The payment we receive may vary between finance providers and product types. The payment received does not impact the finance rate offered. All finance applications are subject to status, terms and conditions apply, UK residents only, 18's or over, Guarantees may be required.
Sandal Motors (Huddersfield) Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (our registration number is 488227) and which is permitted to advise on and arrange consumer credit contracts.
Please note: Telephone calls may be recorded to ensure quality of service.
BMW (UK) Limited (BMW) is committed to providing products and service of the highest standard. But we do understand that sometimes things can go wrong. If you have a concern or are dissatisfied in any way, we’ll do our best to help resolve the situation in a fair and transparent way.
BMW will investigate all complaints competently, diligently and impartially obtaining additional information as necessary. Every complaint will be assessed fairly, consistently and promptly taking into account all relevant factors to ensure a fair outcome for you.
Step 1: Discussion with your BMW Centre.
If you have a concern with either your vehicle or the service you have received at your BMW Centre, please firstly raise this with the Service Manager or Head of Business at the BMW Centre itself. They are best placed to address your concerns and if required, will contact us directly on your behalf.
Step 2: Contact us.
Should you remain unhappy with your BMW Centre’s response, please contact us by your preferred method from the list below.
Write to us at:
BMW (UK) Limited
Call us on: 0370 5050 160
Calls are charged at the local rate, plus your phone company's access charge.
We're here: 8am - 7pm Monday to Friday
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What you will need to provide.
To help us investigate and try to resolve your complaint, please provide us with the following information:
- your name and address;
- details of how we can contact you;
- a clear description of your complaint;
- details of what you would like us to do to rectify the situation; and
- if appropriate, copies of any relevant supporting documentation.
Our commitment to you.
We’ll thoroughly investigate your complaint and offer a fair response that will take into account all the information available to us.
We will do our best to resolve your complaint quickly, sending a Summary Resolution Letter if your complaint can be resolved by close of the third business day following receipt. If your complaint relates to our credit broking activities and cannot be resolved by close of the third business day, we will:
- within 5 working days, provide a written acknowledgement of your complaint and give you the details of who is handling the case and how to contact them
- keep you updated on the progress of your complaint, and
- within 8 weeks of receiving your complaint, we will either: write to you with our final response and the reasons for providing this response, or explain why we are not in a position to give you a final response and let you know when we expect to be able to provide it.
In some cases we’ll need to contact your BMW Centre for more information. If appropriate, we may refer the complaint directly to them for information or action.
We may not always provide the answer you are looking for, but we’ll make sure we offer a clear explanation for our decision.
If your complaint relates to a finance agreement with BMW Financial Services, please click below for details on BMW Financial Services’ complaint handling procedure.Find out more
Step 3: What if I remain unhappy with your response?
If you are dissatisfied with either our final response, or the reasons for any delay in providing our final response you may be able to ask the Financial Ombudsman Service for an independent review.
To be able to ask them for an independent review your complaint must be in relation to our credit broking activities that is to say any marketing material or recommendations we make in relation to any finance offers from MINI Financial Services, a trading name of BMW Financial Services (GB) Limited, and you must have given us the opportunity to find a resolution first. You must also be a private individual, or a business, charity or trust with an annual turnover of less than 2 million euros and fewer than 10 employees.
If you wish to pursue your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service you must do so within 6 months from the date on which we send you our final response letter.
The Financial Ombudsman’s details are:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
Telephone: 0800 0234 567
You may also raise a complaint with any of the trade bodies listed below.
THE MOTOR OMBUDSMAN.
The Motor Ombudsman is the UK's government-backed, self-regulatory body for the motor industry.
Fully-impartial, it is the first ombudsman to be focused solely on the automotive sector, and self-regulates the UK’s motor industry through its comprehensive Chartered Trading Standards Institute (CTSI)-approved Codes of Practice. BMW is accredited to the Motor Industry Code of Practice for New Cars.
Over 7,500 businesses, are accredited to one or more of the Codes covering new cars, sales, vehicle warranties and servicing and repair. These drive even higher standards of work and service, and give consumers added protection, peace of mind and trust during the vehicle purchase and ownership experience.
The Motor Ombudsman
71 Great Peter Street
Telephone: 0345 241 3008
THE EUROPEAN COMMISSION’S ONLINE DISPUTE RESOLUTION SERVICE.
European legislation guarantees consumers:
- fair treatment;
- products which meet acceptable standards;
- a right of redress if something goes wrong.
To help ensure that companies meet the standards set by the European Parliament, consumers now have the right to address their complaint to the European Commission’s Online Dispute Resolution (ODR) Service. For full details please go to: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/